The University of Georgia is partnering with the Georgia Department of Agriculture to present a free digital marketing webinar for agribusiness owners looking for alternate ways to sell their products.The webinar will be hosted on June 17 at 10 a.m. by the UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC), the Department of Agriculture’s Georgia Grown division and UGA Cooperative Extension.Agriculture-related businesses from across the state have had trouble getting their fresh produce, meat and seafood to market during the COVID-19 pandemic.The webinar will introduce participants to e-commerce, best practices for social and email marketing, and suggestions for packaging products for shipping.“We’ll provide good takeaways on ways to market their business online,” said Bill Boone, SBDC entrepreneur outreach specialist. “If they need additional help or resources to implement the techniques covered in the class, the SBDC is available to assist.”Additional webinars may be scheduled as needed, he said.Georgia Grown helps agribusiness thrive by bringing producers, processors, suppliers, distributors, retailers and agritourism together to increase their exposure to customers suppliers and partners through an online searchable database. Find out more at georgiagrown.com/find-georgia-grown.UGA Cooperative Extension assists producers and consumers with information and resources through its network of county agents and specialists throughout the state. Visit the Extension website for more information at extension.uga.edu or call 1-800-ASK-UGA1.Registration for the webinar is required and available at georgiasbdc.org/marketing-georgia-grown-ecommerce.
15 May 2013 Just three players better par at rain-hit Enmore Park Three players, two from Kent, shared top spot on two-under-par 69 at the conclusion of a rain-plagued Brabazon Trophy Southern Qualifier at Enmore Park in Somerset. Bobby Twiner and Billy Britton from Kent were joined by Hampshire-based Edward Holland as the leaders of the 30 qualifiers. Holland, from the Hartley Whitney club, might have led on his own after covering the front nine in 30 strokes with five birdies. But he ran up five bogeys on the homeward stretch, countered by two more birdies. Britton, a member of Pedham Place in Kent, also showed good form on the outward half, turning in 32 with three birdies. But again the back nine proved a problem with dropped shots at the 12th and 14th although he managed a birdie at 16 in a homeward 37. The London Club’s Twiner looked to be heading for a level-par 71 but birdies at the 16th and 18th saw him join the Kentish pair in top spot. The trio were the only players to better par on a day of continual rain, which kept the greens staff busy, finishing two strokes ahead of the rest of the field. The leading 30 players on 73 or better qualified for the Brabazon Trophy at Formby next month with Jeremy Larcombe (Burnham & Berrow) named as a reserve. Among others to qualify were former England international John Kemp on 71, boy cap Bobby Keeble on 72, and Jimmy Mullen, beaten in a playoff for the Bernard Darwin Salver earlier this year, with 73. The Northern Qualifier will take place at Pleasington Golf Club in Blackburn next Tuesday when another 30 players will qualify.
Image Courtesy: Getty/Twitter(@Umar96Akmal)Advertisement sgmNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsq4gqWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E2tt6y( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) blkk8Would you ever consider trying this?😱6Can your students do this? 🌚twwbwRoller skating! Powered by Firework For a cricketer, making a mistake on the pitch cannot be reverted. But making a blunder on social media? Pakistani international Umar Akmal did just that on social media. The cricketer posted a selfie with veteran Bangladeshi cricketer Abdur Razzak on Twitter, along with the caption that is cracking everyone up. Instead of writing the usual phrase ‘brother from another mother’, Akmal wrote ‘mother from another brother.’ While Akmal was prompt to delete the tweet, it already went viral among the cricketing fans, and he is now subjected to crazy memes and brutal trolls!Advertisement Image Courtesy: Getty/Twitter(@Umar96Akmal)While there were questions regarding if Akmal really made the blunder or the screenshot of the tweet is fabricated, several followers have confirmed that the cricketer in fact posted the hilariously mistaken quote, and they were ready to screenshot it before it got deleted.The netizens have gone boisterous all over the micro blogging website with their own memes and jokes, with the ‘#UmarAkmalQuote’ has now become a trend. For jumbling up the quote, Akmal is now the subject of hysterical banters and jibes, where people are similarly posting their own botched up version of famous quotes.Advertisement Here are some of the funniest recreations by the Twitterati:If you are free at something, never do it for good – Umar Akmal #UmarAkmalQuote pic.twitter.com/HgXlpvkCJt— A M I T (@invincible6_) February 19, 2020″Comfort zone begins at the end of your Life” #UmarAkmalQuote pic.twitter.com/c5VBfcDFQD— Chandan Tandon 🇮🇳 (@Chandan_tndn) February 19, 2020#UmarAkmalQuote”Everything is war in fair and lovely” pic.twitter.com/qCdQsjvSOl— Sankalp Singh (@_sankalpsingh_) February 19, 2020Felt delete, might cute later.#UmarAkmalQuote pic.twitter.com/qqz3C2ZawY— Pradeep Bedra (@pradeepbedra) February 19, 2020“Inshallah, played boys very well”. #UmarAkmalQuote pic.twitter.com/vQQoHggAAy— . (@_cranky_kid) February 19, 2020However, there hasn’t been any updates from Akmal yet about being the topic of the quips.Earlier this month, Akmal had a fallout with with a fitness trainer from Pakistan’s National Cricket Academy. After failng to pass the fitness test, the cricketer apparently got frustrated and was accused to have removed his clothes and asking the trainer “where is the fat?”Akmal made his international debut in 2009 in a Test series against New Zealand. His first limited overs debut was in the same year, against Sri Lanka in the T20 format. The 29 year old has earned 121 ODI and 84 caps for Pakistan.He made his last international appearance in the Sri Lanka T20 series back in October, where he ducked back to back in both the first and second games, and has fallen down the pecking order in the team selection. In domestic cricket, Akmal plays for Quetta Gladiators, the current champions of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).Also read-Harbhajan Singh trolls Rohit Sharma about his weight lifting efforts Advertisement
ARCADIA, Calif. (Jan. 20, 2016)–Doubledown Stables’ consistent Ben’s Duchess heads a field of nine older fillies and mares going seven furlongs in Saturday’s Grade II, $200,000 Santa Monica Stakes at Santa Anita.Trained by John Sadler, Ben’s Duchess, who was an impressive 3 ¼ length winner of the Grade III, 6 ½ furlong L.A. Woman Stakes two starts back on Oct. 4, comes off a fourth place finish in the Grade I, seven furlong La Brea Stakes for 3-year-old fillies here on Dec. 26.The La Brea was the only race in which the 4-year-old Kentucky-bred daughter of Munnings has been out of the money in 10 career starts, as she has a lifetime mark of 10-4-1-4, with earnings of $240,936. A bona fide sprinter, Ben’s Duchess has won at distances from 5 ½ to 6 ½ furlongs, but is winless in two tries at seven furlongs.A hard-hitting 6-year-old mare, Living The Life was a Grade II winner going 6 ½ furlongs on synthetic two starts back on Sept. 7 at Presque Isle Downs (near Erie, Pa.), and she shortens up off a troubled sixth in the Grade II, one mile turf Goldikova Stakes at Del Mar Nov. 1.An Irish-bred who had raced exclusively in England prior to coming to trainer Gary Mandella’s barn in the summer of 2014, Living The Life has acclimated well, winning four of nine stateside starts. Owned by HnR Nothhaft Horse Racing, LLC, Living The Life is 12-4-3-2 at seven furlongs and she’s 28-9-5-2 overall with earnings of $791,704.A winner of the Grade II Monrovia Stakes at 6 ½ furlongs down Santa Anita’s hillside turf course, trainer Jim Cassidy’s classy Prize Exhibit, who has three Southern California graded stakes wins on turf to her credit, will try to transfer that form to the main track in the Santa Monica. Owned by Deron Pearson’s DP Racing, LLC, the 4-year-old filly will try natural dirt for the first time in her 21st career start. With six wins from 20 lifetime tries, she has earnings of $530,800.Second, beaten a nose, by eventual Eclipse Award winner Stellar Wind in the Grade II, 1 1/16 miles Summertime Oaks here four starts back on June 20, Stonestreet Stables’ homebred Tara’s Tango seeks her first graded stakes win for Jerry Hollendorfer.The complete field for the Grade II Santa Monica Stakes, to be run as the eighth race on a nine-race program Saturday, with jockeys and weights in post position order: Prize Exhibit, Santiago Gonzalez, 123; Ben’s Duchess, Joe Talamo, 118; Kiss At Midnight, Gary Stevens, 118; Lost Bus, Fernando Perez, 118; Tara’s Tango, Mike Smith, 118; Room for Me, Martin Garcia, 118; Living The Life, Flavien Prat, 123; Kyriaki, Mario Gutierrez, 118, and Finest City, Corey Nakatani, 118. First post time on Saturday is at 12:30 p.m. Admission gates will open at 10:30 a.m. –30–
Letterkenny University Hospital has recorded its highest ever overcrowding figures in the month of October since records began in 2006.There were not enough beds for 693 patients attending the Emergency Department in LUH this month. The figure is up 21% from last year’s October overcrowding record of 572 patients in Letterkenny.Letterkenny was the fifth most overcrowded hospital in Ireland this month. It also recorded the fourth highest trolley count today (Thursday), with 44 patients without beds. The Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation is warning that the overcrowding crisis will worsen this winter if the recruitment ban in the HSE is not lifted.INMO General Secretary, Phil Ní Sheaghdha, said: “The message from the frontline is clear: patients are being put at grave risk.“There is no doubt that this situation will worsen as winter bites, unless staffing becomes a top priority for the government. Patients are paying the price for the HSE’s “go slow” recruitment freeze, which leaves many posts unfilled.“I have written to the HSE to warn that their recruitment pause is putting lives at risk. Advertisement “We need to be encouraging more nurses and midwives into our system. Instead, we are making an already bureaucratic recruitment process even more difficult. In many cases, we’re slamming the door on those who want to work in our public health system.”Worst-ever October overcrowding figures recorded at LUH was last modified: November 1st, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:HSEinmoLetterkenny University Hospitalovercrowding
Ajay Singh, President of Boxing Federation of India, on Friday said that boxing league is likely to happen this year in August or September as ‘decent amount of work is happening’.”It’s on. We expect this to happen this year in August or September. They are trying to find windows in the TV schedule to see that does not clash with any other major league. So, that there is undisturbed period,” he said during a press conference after the conclusion of India Open boxing tournament.”And it also has to match with our preparation as well. We need to make sure that our players are available when we want them to be. We can’t suddenly make them available in the middle of a World Championship. Players have started to be contacted and teams have started to be distributed. So, there is a decent amount of work that is happening,” he added.Singh has also expressed his confidence of getting a medal in the Olympics saying that they are getting to a level where they can really look forward to a medal.”We are regularly beating people who have already participated in the Olympics and done well in the Olympics. So, I think there is a wonderful opportunity that we have in Indian boxing. We have potential medallist for sure, there is no question,” he said.Whereas six-time world champion Mary Kom, who won gold in 51 kg category during the tournament, said that her main focus is now on the Olympics.advertisement”We are trying our best to improve better and better. We are preparing for the upcoming championship and especially we are preparing for the qualification for the 2020 (Olympic),” Kom said.Also Read | India Open Boxing: Mary, Sarita lead hosts’ gold rush on final dayAlso Read | Indian Open Boxing: Mary Kom feels disrespected with opponent Nikhat Zareen’s challengeAlso See
The NRL-TFA strategic alliance states that there is ‘a place on the field for everyone’ and that was definitely the case at the 2014 New South Wales State Cup. In Port Macquarie for the TFA Annual General Meeting, NRL Chief Executive Officer and TFA Board Member, Dave Smith was even able to make his State Cup debut on Saturday afternoon for the Jerrabomberra Men’s 40’s. Smith joined TFA Chief Executive Officer, Colm Maguire and TFA General Manager – Marketing, Communications and Partnerships, Julian Buckmaster, as well as Rugby League great, Adrian Lam, in in the Jerrabomberra Storm team for their final game of the day against the Manly Sea Eagles. Smith said he ‘enjoyed it and felt pretty exhausted’ following the game. “It’s a great team, there’s some real talent out there and it was a tough game. We lost 4-2 but we gave it our best and I thought the boys played fantastically well. It’s a fast game, there’s lots of skill required,” Smith said. Following the AGM, Smith toured the fields and also ran into Penrith Panthers’ star, Matt Moylan who is playing for the Panthers’ Men’s Open team at the State Cup. Smith said it was a fantastic day. “I just saw Matty before I came on the field, he was probably watching me to get one or two tips. It’s great, a lot of NRL players have come through the Touch system and anyone that saw Shaun Johnson at the Four Nations final can see how brilliant Touch players are. “The skill levels are one thing but just the sheer enjoyment of watching people around the place be a part of it has been great. I’m glad I stayed the whole afternoon and I’m really privileged the boys gave me a bit of a run, I let them down a bit but it was good fun. It’s been a good experience, Touch is a great game.”And will he take to the field again?“100 percent, it’s been fantastic, I’ve really had a good day.”Related LinksSmith makes SC debut
De Gea makes clear he wants Man Utd stay – but on his termsby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveDavid de Gea has made it clear he wants to stay with Manchester United – so long as they meet his contract demands.The Daily Mail says the goalkeeper is keen to thrash out fresh terms at Old Trafford and end any lingering uncertainty after another man-of-the-match display in the 1-0 win at Tottenham.De Gea will command a significant improvement on his current £200,000-a-week contract and would expect his wages to top £300,000 including bonuses.Discussions between the 28-year-old’s representatives and United have been ongoing for some time but without resolution.United activated a 12-month extension in November, locking the Spaniard in until 2020 and preventing him talking to interested clubs this month ahead of a potential free transfer. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say