first_imgFAI JUNIOR CUPClonmany Shamrocks 2-3 Collinstown FC(Dublin)In windy conditions but on an excellent surface Clonmanys FAI adventure came to an end when they conceded the winner almost five minutes into stoppage time. There was a major moment of controversy too when referee Tom McAree have Clonmanys Steve Harkin his second yellow card for returning to the pitch after injury without permission which seemed extremely harsh.Collinstown started the game well and Clonmany struggled with their pace at times in the opening half.They opened the scoring in the second minute when full back Kenneth Flood played a ball into the channel for Anto McCormack who turned inside his man and fired low past Patrick Harkin from fifteen yards.Kenneth O Connor then broke for the visitos on the left and sw his effort well saved by Harkin before in another break O Connor was dragged down by Mark McLaughlin who collected the first yellow card of the game. Clonmany’s first attack came on 18 minutes after Paul McLaughlin’s cross was cleared to Michael Grant but his effort was deflected wide off a defender.At the other end McCormack fired a twenty five yards free narrowly wide before Mark McLaughlin played a one two with Harkin but his cross was also deflected behind for a corner.The visitors made it two nil on 28 minutes when Ameola Samesi raced onto a long ball and pulled it back from the byeline for McCormack to clinically fire to the top corner from twelve yards.Clonmany had a good spell then with Joe Grant releasing Marty Doherty on the left but keeper David Goodall advanced to smother before Steve harkin evaded two tackles and when his cross fell to Jason Devlin he blazed over the top from ten yards in their best chance.Harkin collected his first yellow for a handball on 53 minutes before the home side reduced the deficit minutes later.Paul Mclaughlin’s well flighted corner found Harkin who powered a header to the bottom corner from ten yards.Collinstown replied with Eoin Leddy releasing substitute Gareth Boyle who outstripped the home defence but fired weakly at Harkin before the keeper saved well to deny David Matthews.At the other end substitute Brendan Devlin controlled a long but was crowded out and the chance was lost. McCormack almost got his hat trick on 80 minutes when his well struck free crashed back off the post before Clonmany levelled. Jason Devlin fed Brendan Devlin to relewase another substitute Jason Doherty to race into the area on the left and he drew the keeper before sliding the ball home.Then came Harkin’s very harsh red card and to rub salt into the wounds deep into injury time McCormack saw his free kick deflected into the path of Damien Cuffe who slotted home from five yards.INISHOWEN FOOTBALL: CLONMANY BOW OUT OF FAI JUNIOR CUP was last modified: January 20th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:INISHOWEN FOOTBALL: CLONMANY BOW OUT OF FAI JUNIOR CUPlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *