first_imgDONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUEREPORTS Old Orchard Inn Division OneRamelton Mariners 6 Kilmacrennan Celtic Reserves 2Mariners came out on top of this local derby and maintained their push for runners up spot in the Old Orchard Inn Division One. Played in Rab’s Park, Kerrykeel it was Kilmacrennan who took the lead when Adrian Doherty slotted home after 10 minutes after a mix up in the Mariners defence. Mariners quickly equalised in the 20th minute when Barry Coyle scored an excellent free kick from 20 yards that left Damien Crossan in the Kilmacrennan goal no chance. They took the lead 10 minutes later when Alan Blaney scored from close range. Mariners should have extended their lead just before half time but Barry Mooney’s poor spot kick was saved by Crossan. Mariners started strong again in the 2nd half with goals coming in the 50th minute by Alan Blaney, his 2nd, Gavin Mackay with a header from a corner in the 66th minute, and Corey Mc Cahill getting in on the act on 75 minutes. Paul Mc Eldowney did pull a goal back for Kilmac in the 85th minute but Mariners scored their 6th in the dying moments when Corey Mc Cahill scored his 2nd after a poor back pass.Fintown Harps AFC 2 Castlefin Celtic Reserves 3This game was played in great conditions at Pairc Acla in Fintown. In the 20th minute Gary McHugh was unlucky not to put the homeside ahead with his effort. Shane Mc Loone came close shortly after but the Castlefin keeper did well. In the last few minutes of the first half Castlefin smashed the ball to the back of the net to put the away side in front going in at half time.The second half started with Harps on top. In the 5th minute John McFadden chipped a great ball to find Gary McHugh in the box and he headed it into the net. The equaliser was short lived, Castlefin put themselves ahead by a goal from a cross in the 15th minute. In the 30th minute of the second half, Fintown’s Shan Mc Millian made the game all square after great work from Raymond Mc Menamin. With 5 minutes left on the clock Castlefin’s Gary McNulty scored the winner. Team performance by both teamsReferee : Brian o KaneGlencar Inn Division TwoDeele Harps 0 Cranford United Reserves 0 A minutes silence was observed before this game in memory of Sadie Gallagher , Liskey who passed away this week. The game itself was bossed by the home side with Christopher Roulstone in the Deele goal a spectator for most of the game. But Cranford defended well throughout and on the few occasions that Deele did breach their rearguard they found the Cranford keeper in good form. Aidy Gallagher had Deele’s best chance but the playing surface was difficult and the chance was gone. Team performances.Glenree United Reserves 1 Milford United Reserves 2On a fine day in Glenree Park it was the homeside that took the lead through a fine finish from Matthew Coyle on 15 minutes. Both teams battled well throughout. Ciaran Blaney got the equaliser on the hour mark. TJ Everson got the winner in the 80th minute when his free kick was going straight into the keepers hands only to take the most wicked bounce and go in over the keepers head, which the away side could not believe their luck. Best for Glenree were Cathal mc Ginley and Damien NelisReferee: Mickey Mulhern Downtown United 2 Donegal Town Reserves 1Downtown took the lead on the 41st minute through Sean Sweeney with a great right footed volley at the back post. Donegal Town equalized 10 minutes into the second half through Stevie Curneen, with a great strike from outside the box. Both teams pushed for a winner and it was Downtown who made the breakthrough with Niall Bonner swinging in a delightful corner for Gio Peoples to tap in at the back post, to put Downtown 2-1 up with just 5 minutes left on the clock. Best for Downtown: Niall Bonner and for Donegal Town: Joe McIntyreTullyvinney Rovers 2 Gweedore United Reserves 7Unfortunately after the opening ten minutes Tullyvinney found themselves in an uphill battle trailing 3-0 with goals from Patrick McFadden, Declan Friel and Aodh O’Donnell. In fairness to Tullyvinney it didn’t get them down and they started playing some nice passing football, creating chances but failing to score. Garvan Tinney’s corner kicks proved a potent force for Tullyvinney and the evergreen Michael Shiels twice hit the crossbar with two headers from consecutive corners. Tullyvinney’s breakthrough in the thirty fourth minute came when an inch perfect pass from Jonny Corcoran found Thomas McBride wide on the right wing and he rounded a defender and produced the perfect cross with Garvan Tinney, getting in at the end with a diving header. In the forty third minute Gweedore scored on the counter attack when Patrick McFadden scored from a right wing cross and headed home from ten yards. The score at half time was 4-1. Six minutes into the second half Gweedore attacked again and found Tullyvinney’s defence wanting and Joseph Coyle scored with a fierce shot from the edge of the box. In the seventieth minute Tullyvinney registered their second goal when Martin Alexander lobbed the advancing keeper from twelve yards out. That was as good as it got for the home team with Denis McBride and Paul Mc Daid having good chances but failing to score. In the eightieth minute Daniel Diver scored the sixth goal and Patrick McFadden wrapped up the scoring for Gweedore when he converted a penalty. Best for Gweedore was Patrick McFadden. Team Effort from Tullyvinney. Referee: James MalseedBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionKilmacrennan Celtic 1 Glenea United 3Kilmacrennan’s title hopes are all but gone following a defeat to league leaders Glenea United.The first half was a cagey affair with the better chances falling to Glenea. Ryan McFadden hit the post on twenty minutes following a Dennis Boyle corner. Moments later he found the side netting much to the relief of the home side. Kilmac’s sole attempt on goal in the first half fell to Liam McBride but the striker couldn’t hit the target after being closed down by three Glenea defenders.The second half was a much livelier affair thanks to a goal within two minutes of the kick off. A poor clearance from the Glenea keeper bounced through a host of players. The inrushing Ryan McFadden couldn’t believe his luck when he was one on one with Mark Gallagher and coolly scored the opening goal. Kilmac replied within ten minutes and were awarded a penalty when Liam McBride was hauled down. Michael McLaughlin converted and sent the keeper the wrong way. The game was in the balance for twenty minutes with the home side looking the most dangerous. However Glenea punished the home side with a goal out of nothing. McFadden was the beneficiary at the back post following a Mick Mulhern cross. Mulhern wrapped up the three points on ninety minutes. Team efforts from both. Referee: Ed MooreMilford United 1 Lifford Celtic 0Milford gained a great three points at home to Lifford with a goal from the penalty spot well converted by Peter Doherty after Brendan Murray was taken down on the edge of the box. Both teams failed to create many goal scoring chances in a high tempo hard fought match. Milford showed much more hunger and work rate compared to the match in the cup last week. Best for Lifford was Mark Neeson. Good all round team effort by Milford to lift them out of the bottom 3. Referee: Marty Mc GarrigleRathmullan Celtic 6 Lagan Harps 1Mark Curran’s Super Hoops kept their bid for an historic treble right on track with an emphatic win over Lagan Harps at the Flagpole. The Hoops first strike of the afternoon saw Eamonn Sheridan open his account on 16 minutes with a fine finish. Curran’s charges doubled their advantage on 25 minutes when McMenamin unleashed an unstoppable 30 yard free kick into the top corner. Just before the interval, Aaron Mc Clafferty crossed in for Dara Patton to head into the bottom corner to give secure commanding three goal lead.In the second period the Hoops put the game beyond doubt when Patton got his second of the afternoon after tucking in from five yards following a goal mouth scramble. Niall Doherty then beat three defenders before curling a 20 yard strike to the bottom corner. The Hoops went six up after Eamonn Sheridan took advantage of a goal mouth scramble to score his second of the afternoon on 83 minutes. Kevin Kelly scored a twenty five yard free kick as late consolation for the Orchard Park men Referee: Paddy DuffyCastlefin Celtic 1 Dunkineely Celtic 1Castlefin earned their first home point of the season after a hard fought 1-1 draw against Dunkineely in Parkview on Sunday. In the opening stages of the first half the game developed into a midfield battle with few chances being created. In the 20th minute the visitors came close to taking the lead when a Shane Mc Quinney shot smashed off the post after a Shane Ward through ball. Castlefin responded and had chances through Barry Tourish and Simon Mc Glinchey after good play by Damien Mc Annaney. Castlefin started the second the brighter and took the lead in the 60th minute when a Simon Mc Glinchey pass played through to Barry Tourish who slotted home from 12 yards. However, this resulted in the visitors upping their game and they equalised when Castlefin failed to clear a free kick and Shane Mc Quinney was on hand to poke home from 6 yards with 70 minutes played. Both sides had chances to win the game but a draw was a fair result.Team performancesReferee: Vincent Mc LaughlinGweedore Celtic 0 St. Catherines 1There was little to separate these two sides, but the concession of a penalty fifteen minute from the end ensured St.Catherine’s of a vital victory.Anthony Blair had the first chance for the home side, but he shot wide after being set up by Cathal Campbell. The away team nearly scored five minutes later when a shot ten yards from the Gweedore goalmouth was scooped just over the crossbar. On forty minutes Tomas Diver squandered a great chance in front of goal. Five minutes before halftime Michael Mc Kelvey had to stop a sure goal bound shot from the visitors.The second half was evenly balanced and the game looked to be heading for a stalemate when a foul was conceded in the penalty area. Jason Noctor made no mistake from the spot. Gweedore did have a few chances in the last ten minutes but were unable to breach the St Catherine’s defenceBest for Gweedore Cathal MulliganA team performance but St Catherine’sReferee: Michael LaganWatson Hire Division OneDonegal Town 4 Arranmore United 2Donegal Town moved to top of the table after a 4-2 victory over Arranmore United. Donegal opened the scoring on twenty minutes when Declan Brown headed home at the back post after Benny Byrne’s original shot was deflected. Shane Elliott equalised shortly after when he finished well from inside the area. Brown and Byrne linked up again to put Donegal back in front. Brown’s shot from outside the area came back of the post for Byrne to hammer home and restore the lead. The visitors levelled things up once more when left back Declan Proctor followed in well after a poorly defended set piece to ensure the Islanders went in level at the break. The second half was all Donegal. Stuart Johnston’s powerful strike from the edge of the area put the home side back in front on the hour mark after good work out wide from Conor Mc Monagle. Declan Brown crashed a header off the bar shortly after before Byrne wrapped up the scoring tapping home from Joe McIntyre’s excellent cross late on. Good team performances from both sides. Referee: Liam Farren.Eany Celtic 1 Keadue Rovers 2A goal by Cori Gallagher and an own goal late in the second half gave Keadue all the points at Eany. The home side started well and Barry Rose hit the post on 20 minutes. From the clearance Keadue broke and Cori deflected a shot into the net to give Keadue the lead. Eany were back on level terms within minutes as a long clearance from the Keeper, Kelly, found Barry rose who found the net. The first half finished 1-1. Eany kept the pressure on and were unlucky not to extend their lead on the hour . The away side got the winner in the 83rd minute when a Keadue cross was deflected into the Eany net.Good performances from both sidesCappry Rovers 1 Curragh Athletic 0Cappry Rovers ended Curragh Athletic’s unbeaten record in an entertaining game in Cappry Park. Curragh opened the stronger and had a few near misses and good saves by Benji O Meara in the Cappry goal. Play swung from end to end with both defences on top and no clear cut chances.In the second half Cappry got the bit between their teeth and took the game to the visitors but the Curragh defence and their goal keeper held firm. At the other end Curragh’s Shane Barclay came closest with a shot which went narrowly wide. Paddy Long, Dylan Ramsey and Aaron Kelly came close for Cappry. Aaron Kelly got the vital goal for Cappry deep in injury time following a free kick which the visitor’s keeper failed to hold, and Kelly was in to head the ball to the net from close range to give them three vital points.Team performance from Cappry.Gary Doherty was best for Curragh Athletic.Referee Paddy Martin.Ballybofey United 0 Drumoghill F.C. 3Drumoghill gained three valuable points on their visit to Finnside on Sunday. They took the lead mid-way through the first half and added two second half goals to secure the spoils. The home side were very understrength for this match but take nothing away from a decent Drumoghill performance. Referee: Victor RaineyCT Ball Division TwoDunlewy Celtic 6 Drumbar United 0On a lovely dry afternoon the home side knocked six past Drumbar, but it took them a while to get their first with Christy Cannon, Brendan Mc Geady and Daniel Cannon been denied by the inform Drumbar keeper but he was unable to stop Daniel Cannon when he latched on to a Daniel Coll pass to knock home. The second came soon after, Brendan cut inside two players to rifle home a powerful shot. The third came from a Mark Roarty cross which found Brendan Mc Geady at the back post, he half volleyed it into the box were John Cannon was on hand to converted.In the second half Daniel Cannon got his second when he lobbed the keeper from 20 yards out. Kevin Doohan got the next when good work down the right found the incoming Doohan to knock home,. The sixth came from John Cannon when he won a loose in midfield and busted through the visitors defence to score. The visitors never gave up but were unable to unlock a powerful home side with Lorcan Gallagher and Brendan Devin playing outstanding.Team performance from DrumbarLetterbarrow Celtic 2 Gweedore United 7In a game played in near perfect conditions, Gweedore United produced an excellent display of football to help them take another step towards promotion to Division One. The first half was tightly contested with both teams cancelling each other out in midfield. However, the deadlock was broken when top goalscorer, Kieran McFadden, drilled the ball home after a fine turn inside the box. On the stroke of half time a Letterbarrow free kick from just outside the Gweedore box was blocked and United broke down the field to snatch a second through McFadden. Gweedore started the second half very strongly and Kevin Cassidy poked home from close range after a mix-up in the Letterbarrow penalty area on 50 minutes. One minute later Gweedore had their forth when McFadden broke the offside trap. On sixty minutes Declan Gallagher pulled one back for the home side after good work from Paul Murrin. That goal sparked a spirited effort by Letterbarrow but on seventy five minutes, Kevin Cassidy scored a screamer from thirty yards. Another from Kieran McFadden on eighty minutes put the visitors six one ahead. Declan Gallagher scored his second for the home side on eighty two minutes with a good header after an Emmett O’Neill cross. In the dying seconds, Stephen Cassidy poked home the seventh for Gweedore.Bonagee United 1 Convoy Arsenal 0John Carr in the Bonagee goal had to make a good save on three minutes from Jason Toner from ten yards out following a through ball from midfield from Brian Mc Elwaine. Bonagee took the lead on six minutes following a free kick from thirty yards by Kevin Doran. The Convoy keeper seemed to think the ball was going wide of the post but it ended up in the bottom corner of the net. Convoy had chances through Darren Harley and Garry Bradley but Carr in the home goal was in fine form. Kevin Doran should have scored when he was put clear by Ross Hanlyn on thirty minutes from midfield only to see his effort just go over the bar from twenty yards. Sean Crossan had a great chance on forty eight minutes when he headed wide from six yards after a great cross from Darren Coyle from the right. Convoy came close on seventy minutes when Garry Brolly’s effort went just wide of the post from outside of the box. Hanlyn and Coyle for Bonagee were always dangerous on the break as were Convoy’s Kevin Gillen and Jason Brolly but the home team held out for the win. Team efforts by both sides. Referee: Martin Mc AnnaneyDONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUERESULTSOld Orchard Inn Division OneRamelton Mariners 6 v 2 Kilmacrennan Celtic ReservesFintown Harps AFC 2 v 3 Castlefin Celtic ReservesGlencar Celtic 2 v 2 Erne WanderersGlencar Inn Division TwoDeele Harps 0 v 0 Cranford United ReservesGlenree United Reserves 1 v 2 Milford United ReservesDowntown United 2 v 1 Donegal Town ReservesTullyvinney Rovers 2 v 7 Gweedore United ReservesBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionKilmacrennan Celtic 1 v 3 Glenea UnitedMilford United 1 v 0 Lifford CelticRathmullan Celtic 6 v 1 Lagan HarpsCastlefin Celtic 1 v 1 Dunkineely CelticGweedore Celtic 0 v 1 St. CatherinesWatson Hire Division OneDonegal Town 4 v 2 Arranmore UnitedEany Celtic 1 v 2 Keadue RoversCappry Rovers 1 v 0 Curragh AthleticBallybofey United 0 v 3 Drumoghill F.C.CT Ball Division TwoDunlewy Celtic 6 v 0 Drumbar UnitedLetterbarrow Celtic 2 v 7 Gweedore UnitedBonagee United 1 v 0 Convoy ArsenalDONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUEFIXTURESSATURDAY 9-3-2013 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Old Orchard Inn Division OneKilmacrennan Celtic Reserves v Fintown Harps AFCGlencar Inn Division TwoCranford United Reserves v Donegal Town ReservesDowntown United v Glenree United ReservesGweedore United Reserves v Deele HarpsKeadue Rovers Reserves v Tullyvinney RoversSUNDAY 10-3-2013 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionGweedore Celtic v Glenea UnitedCastlefin Celtic v Lifford CelticKilmacrennan Celtic v Lagan HarpsSt. Catherines v Rathmullan CelticWatson Hire Division OneArranmore United v Raphoe Town (K.O. 1p.m.)Drumoghill FC v Curragh AthleticCranford United v Donegal TownCT Ball Division TwoKerrykeel ’71 FC v Whitestrand UnitedGlenree United v Drumbar UnitedCopany Rovers v Gweedore UnitedLetterbarrow Celtic v Dunlewy CelticDONEGAL LEAGUE – ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: March 3rd, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Junior LeaguefixturesreportsResultslast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *