“There’s no mistake that there will be a downward revision (of GDP),” said Takeshi Minami, chief economist at Norinchukin Research Institute.“Demand conditions are likely to remain depressed for a longer time. Overall capital spending will likely remain weak as there are moves to stop investments to achieve labour savings,” he said.The government reported the second preliminary GDP data last month based on a MOF survey which had to be revised as the ministry could not collect sufficient data for the preliminary capex figures due to coronavirus disruptions.The government will announce further revisions to the first-quarter GDP figures on Aug. 3 reflecting the revised capital spending data. Japan’s economy shrank a revised 2.2 percent in the first quarter and remains on course for a much deeper slump in April-June.Manufacturers’ spending shrank by 5.3 percent in January-March from the same period a year earlier, compared with an initial estimate of a 0.6 percent increase, while non-manufacturing spending rose 2.9 percent, down from 6.2 percent seen originally.On a seasonally adjusted basis, capital expenditure rose 3.6 percent quarter-on-quarter, also lower than an originally-estimated 6.7 percent increase.Topics : Japan’s companies spent less than initially estimated in the first quarter of the year, revised data showed on Monday, suggesting the coronavirus pandemic’s hit to the economy was deeper than first thought.Capital expenditure rose just 0.1 percent in January-March from the same period a year earlier, government data showed, much lower than the preliminary reading of 4.3 percent growth reported last month.The weaker data, which is used to calculate revised gross domestic figures (GDP) due next Monday, signalled the world’s third-largest economy shrank at a faster pace than initially estimated in the first quarter, said analysts.
The ORVC Weekly Report for September 16th-21st.Players/Performers of the Week.Volleyball: Shelbie Huffmeyer-Jac-Cen-Del and Sarah Anderson-Southwestern.Girls Cross Country: Cass Lawson-Southwestern.Boys Cross Country: Austin Allen-South Ripley.Soccer: Blake Straub-Jac-Cen-Del.ORVC Report (September 16-21)Submitted by ORVC Correspondent Travis Calvert.
Vevay, IN—On Wednesday, Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office arrested David L. Beasley, 65, on allegations of child solicitation and dissemination of matter harmful to a minor, after the conclusion of an investigation into social media usage. He appeared in court on Friday and entered a plea of not guilty.Beasley has a previous conviction of a sexual offense and was required to register as a sex offender at the time of this most recent arrest.
Laurie D. Farmer, 62, of Moores Hill passed away at her residence Monday, February 17, 2020. Laurie was born Thursday, December 19, 1957. There are no services planned. Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, Box 156, Moores Hill, IN 47032, (812)744-3280. You may go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.
Walters’ current contract with the club runs out at the end of the season and discussions over an extension have stalled, with the 32-year-old wanting a deal through to the summer of 2018 but Stoke only offering one to 2017. Meanwhile, he has been in fine form this term, with his spectacular strike in Tuesday’s Capital One Cup clash with Chelsea his fourth club goal of the campaign to add to two he has netted for the Republic of Ireland. Press Association Stoke have consistently said they want to keep hold of Walters, who handed in a transfer request amid bids from Norwich being rejected towards the end of the last transfer window. And asked on Thursday about the situation, Potters boss Hughes said: “There is (a danger of Walters leaving), but it is not what I want and is not what I feel Jon probably wants. “There is scope to return to the table – I’d like to think so anyway. “The issue is the length of contract – it is not about our feelings about Jon’s ability. He is playing exceptionally well. “I would like to think we can come to some decision positively not only for ourselves but for Jon himself, because I think he wants security and to be settled in his work. “I’m hopeful we will get to a point where we can sit down again and find some common ground.” Hughes was speaking at his press conference to preview Saturday’s Barclays Premier League trip to Newcastle. Stoke go into the contest in high spirits having set up a quarter-final at home against Sheffield Wednesday with victory on penalties over Chelsea at the Britannia Stadium. They have been left with some injury concerns as a result of Tuesday’s game, but captain Ryan Shawcross – who made his maiden first-team appearance of the season having recovered from back surgery – is not among them. Hughes said of the defender: “We checked on Ryan today and he looked fine – of all those who came through, he was probably the one in the best nick. “It was a huge test for him given he has been out for a number of months. I don’t think he anticipated he would have to go to 120 minutes in his first game back, but he came through it, and showed his qualities both in terms of his playing ability and his leadership that we have probably lacked on occasions. “So it is a massive positive for us – he is fit and raring to go again.” Marc Muniesa limped off in that match and is set for a month out with a hamstring problem, while Geoff Cameron (thigh) remains sidelined, but their fellow defender Erik Pieters is available again after suspension. Playmaker Bojan Krkic, rested for the cup tie, is also poised to return to action on Saturday. Mark Hughes admits Stoke are in danger of losing Jonathan Walters but still holds hope an agreement can be reached with the forward over a new deal.
Town report wins award – October 11, 2014 Judy Blake of Bar Harbor recently won a medal and trophy for coming in second place in the women’s 60-64 division at the Lake Placid Iron Man competition in July.The race includes a 2.4-mile swim, a 112- mile bike, and a 26.2-mile (marathon) run. Her time was 16 hours and 1 minute.For more sports news, pick up a copy of the Mount Desert Islander. Latest posts by Fenceviewer Staff (see all) Fenceviewer Staff Schoodic Grange hosting sale – October 30, 2014 Fitness trainer is now cancer-exercise expert – October 12, 2014 Bio Latest Posts This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text
WE recently viewed a most derogatory and disrespectful letter penned by Mr Claude Raphael and published by the KN and Guyana Chronicle on May 10, 2017 in the sports pages of those dailies, headlined ‘Drubahadur must publicly account for his GCB Stewardship”.The Board has also noticed other letters popping up ever so often in the media spreading blatant lies and hate propaganda against our officials. The Board views this situation as very troubling, especially when the media displays such poor journalistic skills in publishing these very caustic letters verbatim without any attempt to authenticate the veracity of its contents.The Board had issued an advisory last month regarding the resignation of its president, Mr Drubahadur and had duly provided the reason for Mr Drubahadur’s resignation in that release. Mr Drubahadur had also provided his public comments to the media on this issue and has since moved on.The Board wishes to state quite categorically that it is very proud of the tenure of Mr Drubahadur and the great strides that were made in our development during this period.If Mr Raphael is so much interested in learning about the stewardship of Mr Drubahadur and the GCB, perhaps he can stop by the GCB’s office anytime to uplift the most recent copy of ‘The Guyana Cricketer’ magazine which outlines the achievements and successes of the Board and its various representative teams. Previous copies of the magazine are also available online for his perusal.As a former executive of the GCB, it is rather disappointing that Mr Raphael continues to spew such hate, bile, disrespect and rancour against its officials in public without any justification whatsoever.The Board is of the firm opinion that Mr Raphael is certainly entitled to his own opinion and is free to have his own views on different circumstances, but surely he is not entitled to his own facts. The facts cannot change to suit the whims and fancies of anyone.It is public knowledge that Mr Raphael and his team desperately pleaded with the Judge prior to the Board holding of the GCB’s AGM in July 2011, which was statutorily due since January 2011.The reason for this delay was the intervention/investigation by the Ministry of Labour, Mansoor Nadir, into the operations of the GCB under the Friendly Societies Act.The Rupert Foster report is there to prove the witch-hunting that took place for six months in 2011. The court eventually removed the GCB from the control of this Act since the rules of the Friendly Societies Act, dictate that all entities should have a minimum of seven members and GCB only had three members. This AGM went ahead as planned on the Sunday following clearance from that court hearing by the Honourable James Bovell-Drakes.It is again public knowledge that this AGM was video-recorded, for obvious reasons, where all three members of the GCB were present.The then president, Mr Chetram Singh, ruled that the Demerara Cricket Board should not participate in the meeting since there was a cloud of uncertainty over its status. The Essequibo Cricket Board was present with its full complement of nine delegates and the Berbice Cricket Board was present with five delegates inclusive of its president, vice president and secretary, which formed the quorum of 14 delegates at that meeting.The BCB even moved motions at this AGM. It really boggles the mind that Mr Raphael, a supposedly respected person, would continue to spread such blatant falsehoods in the public domain with his constant reference to this AGM being illegal.The GCB would, once again, wish to recognise that the Cricket Administration Act of 2014 (CAA) is the law of the land and continues to operate within its confines even though we hold the view that the Act is deeply flawed so much so that we have challenged same in our legal system.The WICB had adopted some of the recommendations contained in the “Wilkins Report” that it had commissioned which called for the distinct separation of the Directors and the Shareholders of the Board. The CAA, obviously, did not recognise that change in the governance structure of the WICB and thus only dealt with the historical structure of that Board in the revised constitution foisted upon the administrators in Guyana.The Select Parliamentary Committee and a special PPP Government Panel headed by Mr Jagdeo/Mr Anil Nandlall, met with the stakeholders prior to the drafting of the Cricket Bill and totally disregarded the submissions of the GCB and the DCB, but chose to follow verbatim the dictates of Mr Raphael and his misguided team; hence, the lopsided and contradictory clauses contained in the CAA.The current constitution of the GCB enshrined in the CAA clearly states that GCB shall be represented by the President and one other (namely the Chairman of the Senior Selection Panel or the Chairman of the Cricket Development Committee) at General Meetings of the WICB. For those who are not familiar with the GCB, Mr Raphael held both positions when he was an Executive, quite conveniently.The CAA makes no provision for the Directors of the WICB but it is clear that the GCB president cannot serve as a director since the Cricket Administration Act stipulates that this individual must be a shareholder representative. Mr Drubahadur had always represented the GCB at the AGMs of the WICB until his resignation.Perhaps, Mr Raphael with his supposedly vast legal knowledge would care to comment on whether any amendments can be made to the GCB’s constitution contained within the said Act.The GCB continues to ensure that the next generation of cricketers will be prepared to continue in a successful pathway. We are also well aware that a lot of armchair administrators are envious of our success.(Official Release of the Guyana Cricket Board).
For six years, Lauren, a sophomore majoring in international relations and neuroscience, endured verbal and emotional abuse from her father.She felt she was never good enough, smart enough or pretty enough for him. Her father was able to fool her friends into believing that he was outgoing, charismatic and loving, she said, but behind closed doors, he was vindictive, hateful and spiteful.Table talk · Panelists speak to students about the influence of culture in intimate partner violence in a discussion hosted Thursday as part of USC’s Domestic Violence Awareness Week. – Young Kim | Daily TrojanFor six years, Lauren was a victim of domestic violence.“If I heard him coming home, I would go into a different room,” she said. “The more I tried to avoid him, the more angrier he got.”Lauren is just one victim of domestic violence at USC.According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, one in four women will be the victim of domestic violence in her lifetime.“Choose four women you know,” said Michael Kahn, a volunteer for the USC Men Care program and a senior majoring in English, said. “What if one of those women was a victim of domestic violence? That’s why you should get educated.”The Center for Women and Men — which runs the Men Care program — and the Women’s Students Assembly made a push this week to help students learn more about the societal problem.In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness month, CWM and WSA cosponsored on-campus events to educate students about domestic abuse. Students made pledges not to use their hands for violence during the These Hands Don’t Hurt event, wore purple ribbons to raise awareness and decorated T-shirts to express solidarity as part of the Clothesline Project.CWM Director Danielle Lancon said the most common type of domestic violence reported at USC is intimate-partner violence — violence between people currently or previously in a romantic relationship.Department of Public Safety Det. Josh Voyda said less than 1 percent of calls to DPS each year are related to domestic violence. But Lancon said numbers can be unreliable.“Most is unreported and we never find out who the students are,” she said. “The more visible we are on campus, the more likely students are … to take advantage of our services.”CWM helps students who are victims of domestic violence find long-term solutions, including new housing, restraining orders or a new course schedule.In the short term, students suffering from domestic violence can call DPS.When the department receives an emergency call from a victim, officers will arrest a person if the victim has visible injuries. DPS will then contact an on-call judge to issue emergency protective orders while the suspect is still in custody.The protective orders expire within 48 hours, however, which is why CWM assists in developing long-term solutions.In addition to providing typical resources to students, CWM has developed the all-male peer education group USC Men Care. Todd Henneman, adviser of the Men Care program, said the group teaches men how to prevent domestic violence and sexual assault.Rather than tag men as wrongdoers, the group’s goal is to talk to other men on campus as allies so that they feel comfortable taking action against domestic violence without fear of any gender-based stigma.“Most domestic violence … [is] committed by men, but very few men commit domestic violence,” he said. “What Men Care does is involve the silent majority of men and to get them to speak up to show that most guys don’t approve of abusive behavior.”The University Park Health Center’s Counseling Services offers student victims short-term counseling and can refer them for long-term counseling off campus.Lauren said a major part of her healing process dealt with finding what she wanted for herself instead of trying to fulfill the unrealistic ideas of perfection her father demanded of her. Counseling helped her through this process, she said.Lauren is now an advocate of domestic violence awareness and finds empowerment in talking about those issues in the WSA group on campus.“I am making a positive difference, she said. “That’s the biggest thing I walked away from my experience with — being able to give a voice to an issue that has been silent for so long.”
Related Articles ‘Grid that Gives’… SportPesa backs Racing Point F1’s cancer care commitment July 12, 2019 StumbleUpon Adam Beighton – SportPesaSeeking to amplify its European market profile, leading Kenyan bookmaker SportPesa announces that it has become the lead/title sponsor of the ‘Racing Point’ Formula 1 team.The move sees SportPesa, confirm early 2019 rumours that the bookmaker was seeking to become the first title-related betting sponsor of a F1 Team, following the sport’s governance lifting restrictions on betting sponsorships and data rights beginning this F1 2019 season.Stating its intent on becoming a recognised brand within F1 paddocks, SportPesa marketing announces that it has secured a multi-year deal with Racing Point moving to rebrand as ‘SportPesa Racing Point F1’.Updating the market, Adam Beighton, SportPesa, Company Director detailed the importance of the partnership and SportPesa backing F1 initiatives:“We are absolutely delighted to become part of the extended Formula One family. This partnership is very important to us because it diversifies us into new territories and allows us to reach new audiences across the globe.“Equally important is the platform it provides us which enables us to stay true to our mission; to build and develop grassroots and professional sport in the countries where we operate by bringing new opportunities to local communities.”In its public update, SportPesa marketing stated that it would not disappoint Formula 1 fans, choosing to maintain Racing Point’s popular pink team colour, and not pursuing for a rebrand of the F1 team’s car and identity.In turn, the SportPesa brand was revealed by its lead 2019 drivers Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll, alongside with the Team Principal, Otmar Szafnauer, and Technical Director, Andrew Green.Backing SportPesa, Team Principal Otmar Szafnauer stated that the sponsorship represented a new era for Racing Point. :- “SportPesa is a young, dynamic, growing company whose values align with our own vision to become a team capable of competing at the very front of the grid.“We are excited to have such an ambitious partner on board to help us deliver our team mission and look forward to working with them to bring the sport of Formula One closer to fans around the world. The car looks stunning with the addition of blue to the already iconic pink livery, which gives us a strong identity as we begin this exciting new era.” Share Racing Point F1 drops SportPesa due to home market ‘difficulties’ February 19, 2020 Submit SportPesa strengthens Everton links via charity contributions February 7, 2019 Share
Berekum Chelsea Captain Abdul Basit is hoping to land a deal with SC Freiburg after completing a successful two week trial at the Bundesliga side last month.The Ghana midfielder caught the eyes of Freiburg scouts after his impressive performance in the 2012 CAF Champions League.Basit made a big return to the Ghana Premier League on Sunday after scoring the only goal to hand his side’s 1-0 victory over Amidaus professionals at Tema.“My stay in Germany wasn’t easy because it was very cold but I did my best and the officials were impressed with my output,” Basit told JOY Sports“After my trails I had a meeting with the coach of Freiburg and he was so impressed with my output.”